Turning your culinary passion into a functioning food business is easier than ever with a shared commissary kitchen.
Kitchen Facilities: BiteUnite provides fully equipped commercial kitchens with professional-grade equipment and ample workspace. The kitchens are designed to meet the needs of various culinary endeavors, including food production, cooking classes, catering, and product development.
Culinary Community: BiteUnite fosters a vibrant culinary community by bringing together chefs, cooks, and food enthusiasts. The shared kitchen serves as a hub for collaboration, knowledge-sharing, and networking opportunities. It provides a supportive environment where members can connect, learn from each other, and showcase their culinary talents.
Events and Workshops: BiteUnite hosts a range of events, workshops, and pop-up dining experiences. These gatherings allow members to showcase their culinary creations, engage with the local community, and gain exposure for their food businesses. Additionally, BiteUnite may organize educational workshops or guest chef events to further enrich the culinary community.
Simple. Fair. Pricing.
Start your business in one week.
Whether you're looking for a shared kitchen, shared use commercial kitchen, commercial kitchen, industrial kitchen, or a commercial kitchen for rent, BiteUnite provides the perfect platform to bring your culinary dreams to life. With our fully equipped kitchen facilities and supportive culinary community, you can unleash your creativity, collaborate with like-minded individuals, and transform your culinary aspirations into a successful business venture.
Our shared commercial kitchen for rent in Mission
are the ideal locations in the heart of the city.
With our fully equipped industrial kitchen, we provide a versatile space for foodpreneurs, caterers, and chefs to thrive. Whether you need a shared kitchen or a commercial kitchen, our Mission facility offers the convenience and amenities you require for takeout, delivery, and culinary excellence.
Online Platforms and Direct-to-Consumer Opportunities: Our shared kitchens provide online platforms or marketplaces where chefs can promote and sell their culinary creations directly to consumers. Our platforms can help chefs reach a broader customer base and streamline the ordering and delivery process, enhancing their marketing reach and sales potential.
Community Events and Pop-ups: Shared kitchens often host community events, workshops, and pop-up dining experiences. These events offer chefs the opportunity to showcase their culinary skills, introduce their brand to a wider audience, and generate buzz around their offerings. It can also provide direct interaction with customers, which can lead to valuable feedback and word-of-mouth marketing.
How it works
“We joined BiteUnite was because of the location and the convenience of having a food factory license. We're just two people trying to share donuts with Hong Kong but without the help of using your kitchen, it would have been impossible to reach a big enough audience. I think the biggest appreciation we have is the constant social media presence that you have. Each staff each day takes the time to take pictures and upload it onto your page, which in turn allows us to repost"
The support from the BiteUnite community in our respective businesses is tremendous. From extensive coverage on social media for both locations ( San Francisco and Hong Kong) to fabulous support with photo shoots of our products and live classes, the exposure that a brand gets among Hong Kong foodies cannot be underestimated. Other than the photography and social media help, the fact that Wan Chai is a convenient location for people across Hong Kong island helps boost sales of the products. The BiteUnite staff is extremely supportive with pick ups from the venue. I love the way my brand is perceived so far in Hong Kong and I do believe BiteUnite has a lot to do with it.
I loved BiteUnite from the minute I stepped foot inside. It's clean, beautiful, airy and the best part is all the natural light. I feel the positivity in the air when I cook at BiteUnite. BiteUnite team manages the place extremely well, keeps it very organized and keeps in constant touch with all the chefs that cook at the kitchen.
Varah Gourmet Luxury
What is excluded from the membership fee?
Kitchen membership fee excludes
The shared kitchen fee typically excludes additional costs or services that are not included in the base fee.
- Storage, Fridge and freezer Fees: If you require dedicated storage space for ingredients, equipment, or supplies, there might be an additional fee for storage rentals or shelving.
- Ingredients and produce.
- Food packaging Please bring your packaging.
- Consumables: Certain consumable items like disposable gloves, aprons, or cleaning cloths may not be included in the shared kitchen fee. You may need to bring your own or purchase them separately.
- Insurance: We have insurance coverage for the facility, but it may not extend to cover individual users. You will need to obtain your own liability insurance to protect your business and products.
- Specialty Equipment: Some shared kitchens may have specialized equipment or appliances that are not included in the base fee. If you need access to specific equipment, there might be an extra charge for its usage.
Facility house rules
- Hygiene and Food Safety: This includes requirements such as proper handwashing procedures, wearing appropriate food handling attire (e.g., hairnets, gloves), and following local health department regulations.
- Equipment Usage: This can include instructions for cleaning equipment after use, avoiding misuse or abuse, and reporting any equipment malfunctions or damages.
- Cleaning and Sanitation: This include expectations for cleaning up after yourself, properly storing and labeling food items, and following designated cleaning schedules.
- Scheduling and Access: Please make sure to schedule your kitchen usage at least 24 hours before the session. This could involve booking time slots, adhering to designated hours of operation, and communicating any changes or cancellations in advance.
- Storage Policies: This include rules for labeling personal items, maintaining proper temperature control for perishable goods, and using designated storage areas or shelves.
- Waste Management: Proper waste disposal practices may be enforced, such as segregating recyclables, compostables, and trash. Guidelines for disposing of grease or other kitchen byproducts may also be outlined.
- Communication and Collaboration: This can include guidelines for respectful interactions, sharing resources or knowledge, and maintaining a clean and organized workspace for others to use.
- Security and Safety: Facility rules often include provisions for maintaining security and safety within the shared kitchen space. This may involve guidelines for locking up or securing the facility, reporting any security concerns, and adhering to emergency protocols and evacuation procedures.
It's important to thoroughly review our house rule and understand the facility rules and guidelines prior your first access.
Compliance with these rules not only ensures a smooth and harmonious working environment but also helps maintain food safety standards and the overall integrity of our shared kitchen space.
What are the equipment in the kitchen?
- Range: A range is a versatile piece of equipment that combines a stovetop with one or more ovens. It allows for cooking on burners or griddles and baking or roasting in the oven.
- Griddle: A griddle is a flat, heated surface used for cooking foods like pancakes, eggs, burgers, and sandwiches.
- Charbroiler: A charbroiler is a grill with metal grates that provide direct heat from below. It is commonly used for grilling meats, vegetables, and seafood.
- Fryer: A fryer is used for deep frying foods, such as French fries, chicken, fish, and other items that require submersion in hot oil.
- Convection Oven: A convection oven is equipped with fans that circulate hot air, resulting in more even and efficient cooking. It is suitable for baking, roasting, and other oven-based cooking methods.
- Exhaust Hood: An exhaust hood is a ventilation system located above the cookline that helps remove heat, smoke, and odors from the kitchen, ensuring a comfortable working environment.
- Other cooking utensils includes
- Chopping mats
- Rice cooker (10 cups)
- Commercial dishwasher
- Flatware and silver ware
- 2 mixers and large mixer.
- Food processor
- Hand blenders
On boarding process
To begin the process, we kindly request an application fee of $500, as well as a one-month deposit. The deposit will be fully refunded upon completion of the offboarding process. Additionally, the first month's membership fee will be due.
After the complete your application form, the on boarding process includes
- Start the payment online.The deposit and application fee will be charged on the credit card on file.
- Sign the contract which will be sent to your email after the payment.
- Submit liability insurance & Safety and Food Handling Training certificate This ensures that you understand and adhere to proper hygiene practices, health codes, and safety protocols while using the shared kitchen space.
- Orientation and facility rules : Attend an orientation session where you will be familiarized with the shared kitchen's layout, equipment usage, cleaning protocols, and any other specific rules or guidelines that apply to your use of the kitchen.
- Scheduling and Access: Once your application is approved, you will typically receive instructions on how to schedule your kitchen usage. This may involve booking specific time slots or shifts based on availability. You will also receive information on how to access the facility, such as obtaining keys, access codes.
What is included in the kitchen space?
Our commercial kitchen includes various essential components and equipment necessary for food preparation, cooking, and storage.
- Cooking Equipment: This includes stoves, ovens, grills, fryers, and other specialized equipment needed for cooking and preparing food.
- Prep Area: This area consists of workstations for food preparation, such as cutting, chopping, and assembling ingredients. It typically includes stainless steel tables, cutting boards, knives, and other utensils.
- Dishwashing Area: A designated space for washing and sanitizing dishes, utensils, and cooking equipment is crucial. It includes sinks, commercial dishwashers, drying racks, and dishwashing supplies.
- Ventilation System: To maintain air quality and remove cooking odors, a commercial kitchen typically has an exhaust hood and ventilation system.
- Fire Safety Equipment: Fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and other safety equipment are essential to comply with fire codes and ensure the safety of the kitchen staff and facility.
- Plumbing and Water Supply: Adequate plumbing connections, sinks for handwashing, and hot water supply are necessary for maintaining sanitation and cleanliness in the kitchen.
- Safety and Sanitation Stations: Easily accessible handwashing stations, soap dispensers, and disposable glove dispensers should be present to promote hygiene and food safety.
- Storage Containers and Food Preparation Tools: Containers for food storage, measuring tools, mixing bowls, pots, pans, baking sheets, and other kitchen utensils are essential for efficient food preparation and cooking.
What are the operation hours?
Our shared kitchen is open from 6 am - 2 pm, Mon - Fri
Weekend available from 6 am - 11 pm.
What is the fee for the event space?
Our event space is equipped with a kitchen and ample room for your gathering. With a capacity of up to 38 people, it offers a versatile setting for your special occasion. For groups of 1 to 20 people, the rate is $300 per hour, and for groups of 21 to 38 people, the rate is $400 per hour. Please feel free to reach out to us via email for booking inquiries.
Reschedule and cancellation policy
Cancellations are not permitted. However, you have the option to reschedule your kitchen station booking by notifying us at least 24 hours in advance of the scheduled time.